And the winner is…
Well, what an exciting day that was, thank you soooooooooo much Rebekah @ The Dissocial Mom for giving me such a thrill! Woop woop a nomination for a blog award in my first week made my day / year! Unfortunately I was a little overwhelmed by the pressure and have been wondering how to write a great follow up reply… and wondering… and wondering… and am not at the point where I just need to DO IT! 🙂
For those of you who do not know The Liebster Award is a blogger to blogger award. Given to new bloggers who are building their audience, given by the bloggers who believe they are doing an exceptional job. Rules are “When nominated, the blogger must list eleven facts about his/herself, answers questions given by the nominator, and come up with eleven questions for the five bloggers he/she nominates.”
So, eleven facts about myself:
1) I love being a mum! I thought I would miss my job but I Really don’t!
2) I’m short
3) I have a short attention span and get into “hobbies” knitting, jewelry making etc then lose interest…
4) Football bores me (but unfortunately not my husband)
5) I am polite to people and then moan about them A lot behind their backs
6) (as above) I “don’t suffer fools gladly”!!!
7) I used to love exciting holidays but now I love sitting by the pool
8) Directions bore me, when people tell me them I don’t listen
9) If you talk to me when I’m reading i won’t listen
10) My sister and I see eye to eye on baby rearing!
11) I overplan and overprepare everything
Will that do?!?! Now my nominations – this is partly why this has taken so long as I wanted it to be good ones! The trouble is, how do you know how many followers they have? Sorry if I have nominated anyone with loads more!!! but… I nominate…:
- Stumbling through Parenting – a lovely look at life with a 6 month old and the journey they are on together.
- Tealady mumbles – (in her words) Clueless first timer trying to work out this parenting malarky
- Holding the baby blog – (this is her 2nd nomination!) a very honest account after her husband left
- Buttons Tiny World – this is a really cute blog about her life with her daughter
- A Whole Nine Months – a lovely blog that I have just discovered and am enjoying reading
Now there are a lot of questions to answer and I feel I am blethering on enough as it is so I will be brief:
•What motivated you to start blogging? My husband – he got bored of me moaning so encouraged me to do it online!
•If you could ask only one thing of your children, what would that be? That they value their own and others happiness
•What is your guilty pleasure as a parent? eg. polishing off some wine after a busy day and all the kids are in bed. Yep, the wine!
•What is your best “go to” dinner when your imagination fails you and you don’t feel like cooking anything else? Risotto with chorizo
•What is your most favorite thing to do during your “kid free” time? Swimming, dancing on tables
•What is one inanimate object in your home that you just could not live without and why? Phone… sorry!
•What is your favorite quote of all time? “What we do in life, echos in eternity”
•Who is your favorite author and why do you love them? Roald Dahl, can’t wait to read him to BabBee
•What is one thing that you used to love doing as a kid that you still secretly enjoy doing? Slurping jelly through my teeth
•What is the best advice you can give other parents on how to cope with stress? This phase will pass
And finally my questions (some may seem familiar!)
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What would you do with a whole day to yourself?
- Recommend me a book (and I almost promise to read it)?
- What is your standby easy meal (inspire me!)
- What would you like your children to be when they grow up?
Thanks again Rebekah, and I urge you all to check out The Dissocial Mom This has been a mission but I love it!!! 🙂